Insurance & Payment
Accepted Insurance Carriers
Below is a list of insurance carriers that we accept, but please know individual plans may vary. Call your insurance plan directly to learn about the level of coverage associated with Urgent Care services. For example, many plans charge a higher copay for Urgent Care services compared to primary care services. We do not accept Medicare at this location.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Children's Medical Security Plan (CMSP)
- Commercial Plans
- Commonwealth Care Alliance
- Harvard Pilgrim
- Healthcare Value Management
- John Hancock/GIC Unicare
- Mail Handlers Benefit Plan
- Mass General Brigham Health Plan (previously AllWays Health Partners)
- Medicaid (or "MassHealth," Massachusett's Medicaid plan)
- Motor Vehicle Liability
- Senior Whole Health
- Tufts Associated Health Plan
- Tufts Health Plan (commercial)
- Tufts Medicare Preferred
- United Health Care
- WellSense Health Plan (previously BMC HealthNet)
- Workers Compensation Liability/ Personal Injury
HMO Plans Require Insurance Authorization for Urgent Care Services
If you have an HMO or POS plan (vs. PPO), your insurance requires prior authorization from your insurance-assigned PCP to cover the cost of your urgent care visit. This is required because you are accessing out-of-network care. This does not apply to SBCHC patients, who have a PCP at 409 West Broadway because we are in-network.
If you do not get authorization, you will be responsible for the cost of your urgent care visit.
How do you obtain prior authorization for your urgent care visit?
- Call your primary care provider and ask them to request an authorization from your insurance plan for your urgent care visit.
- Provide your PCP the following information:
- Address: South Boston Health Seaport Urgent Care, 505 Congress Street, Boston MA 02210
- Phone: (617) 464-7620
- The name and NPI number of the provider you are seeing at SBH Seaport Urgent Care (feel free call us if you don’t know):
- Deanne Wimsatt, NP; NPI: 1861995755
- Emma Pitoniak, NP; NPI: 1053082677
- Morgan Larrabee, NP; NPI: 1366117244
- Sean Sanker, MD; NPI: 1598113391
- Once requested, some plans provide an authorization number to your PCP office in real-time, but others may take a few days. Depending on your coverage, you may need to call your PCP office after a day or two to ask for that insurance authorization.
Once you get the authorization number, send it to us through a MyChart message.
If you have any questions regarding the information above, please call the South Boston Community Health Center Billing department at (617) 464-5891.
We are currently accepting the following forms of payment: cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, or Flex Cards for payments.
- Online: MyChart patient portal
- By phone: (617)464-5891
At South Boston Community Health Center (SBCHC) and SBH Seaport Urgent Care, we do not refuse to treat patients due to an inability to pay for services. As an extension of the health center, SBH Seaport Urgent Care offers the same sliding fee scale discount program to pay for out-of-pocket expenses associated with services provided.
SBH Seaport Urgent Care also offers the same payment plan options for patients who are have difficulty paying their balances.
To learn more about your options and to determine a payment method that best suits your needs, please contact the SBCHC Billing department at (617)464-5891.
|Monday||10:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:30 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:30 AM - 7:00 PM|